I had chosen to do my research paper on the Hudson’s bay company, because it was a topic that i have never explored before when it comes to any of the research papers I’ve done in my three years attending University. It quickly became very interesting to go over so many sources, especially the primary documents. Seeing how the Indigenous peoples were involved with the HBC and the impacts that they endured. I could relate the little things that was involved with my topic with other courses, as this particular topic about Indigenous peoples was also discussed on how their life was before and after the European settlers and how huge of an impact they had from it when it came to the dislocation of some people and of course the residential schools. With the Hudson’s bay company it not only brought struggles to the Indigenous peoples, but it also brought struggles to the men that traveled to this located of its promise that they would become rich after finding gold; however, the men struggled with making money to buy themselves items to help them survive and the scarcity of the gold they had thought was there. A debate arose when the indigenous were questioned on whether they were a part of the mining and whether they resided on the lands that the Europeans occupied.